RSS
Movie Addicts Club is a movie review blog that discusses all genres of film. You'll find the latest hipster indie flick, summer blockbusters, silent screen gems and everything in between. We watch and review everything.

Shall We Dance




Rated: Not Rated

Movie Release Date: May 7, 1937

DVD Release Date: August 16, 2005

Plot 411: The lives of two dancers get turned upside down when the press begins to circulate rumors that they are married.

Review: I'm a sucker for dance movies no matter how long ago they were made. Throw in a little singing and I'm in heaven. This movie served up both with great enthusiasm. Somehow you just can't beat the Golden Era of movie making. I do believe this was the first Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers film I ever watched. I've seen a bunch of Gene Kelly films though and I think I like his dance style better. Despite that, this was a fun movie to watch. There is humor throughout and the convoluted relationship that Astaire and Rodgers have make for some hysterical scenes.

Watch It: If you're not afraid of being called "twinkle toes."

Skip It: If you think all male dancers are gay.

Movie Clip:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen this Japanese one? I really enjoyed it.

http://www.amazon.com/Shall-We-Dance-K%C3%B4ji-Yakusho/dp/B0002V7S34/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1233016754&sr=1-1

skycastles said...

I'm pretty sure it's in my Netflix queue. I'll try to bump it up and watch it. Letcha know what I think once I'm done. :)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Movie Addicts Club. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy