RSS
Movie Addicts Club is a movie review blog that discusses all genres of film. You'll find the latest hipster indie flick, summer blockbusters, silent screen gems and everything in between. We watch and review everything.

My Faraway Bride / My Bollywood Bride




Rating: Not Rated

Movie Release Date: March 22, 2007 (India) / June 8, 2007 (USA)

DVD Release Date: August 19, 2008

Plot 411: An American goes to India in search for the love he met in Los Angeles only to find that she's a famous Bollywood actress.

Review: Seriously, the only good reason to watch this one is if you're having Jason Lewis withdrawls. Even then, it might be better just to watch him on you Sex and the City DVDs. I don't know whether or not I should take the bad acting throughout this movie seriously. It could just be the Bollywood style overly dramatized (the film is about a Bollywood actress after all). The over-the-top costumes, dance moves and songs are just too much. The most memorable character in this film was not the main stars but a supporting actor Ash Chandler, who played Priyad, Lewis' taxi driver.

Watch It: For a Jason Lewis fix, but even then you'll probably be disappointed. There's probably only one good scene in this of him. Stick with Sex and the City and you'll have a wealth of Lewis.

Skip It: If you've got any sense at all.

Trailer:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I disagree totally! I loved the film. The over the top acting was a parody/homage to Bollywood. I guess you didnt get that. Jason is the lead and is all through out it! Definitley a Jason movie to see! Rent it and judge for yourself! : )

skycastles said...

Ok, so it WAS a spoof on Bollywood films. I haven't seen any so I wasn't sure. In that case, then I suppose the dancing and all that was fine.

However, I still think the quality of Lewis' acting wasn't anywhere near the quality of his work in SATC. This movie made him seem like he didn't have any experience. I don't think it made good use of his skills.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Movie Addicts Club. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy