RSS
Movie Addicts Club is a movie review blog that discusses all genres of film. You'll find the latest hipster indie flick, summer blockbusters, silent screen gems and everything in between. We watch and review everything.

Robin Hood: Men In Tights




Rating: PG-13

Movie Release Date: July 28, 1993

DVD Release Date: September 5, 2006

Plot 411: The famous tale of Robin of Loxley . . . with a twist.

Review: I'm always afraid to revisit films I've loved in my youth. You never know if the enjoyment is really warranted or simply the creation of youthful naivety. So you can imagine my trepidation when I started this film. It could be a hoot or it could be a damn shame. Luckily, after the initial scenes rolled out I was able to truly immerse myself in the movie and just enjoy it. It turned out to be just as funny as I remembered. What a relief! The movie stars Cary Elwes as Robin, who is just returning to England after fighting in the Crusades. He comes home to find his family's lands repossessed by King Richard's (Patrick Stewart) brother John (Richard Lewis). Robin is determined to get his homeland back and help the poor people of England at the same time. Along the way he creates his band of merry men, including Blinkin (Mark Blankfield), Ahchoo (Dave Chappelle), Little John (Eric Allan Kramer) and Will Scarlet (Matthew Porretta). The movie is a complete spoof on other Robin Hood flicks and is filled with tons of pop culture references. The same jokes I laughed at when I was 12 were still funny over 15 years later. I wonder if that means the movie's awesome or if my sense of humor hasn't evolved from a 12 year olds? The movie also stars Amy Yasbeck as Marian and Roger Rees as the Sheriff of Rottingham and has cameos by Tracey Ullman, Mel Brooks.

Watch It: For a '90s flashback and some comical song-and-dance numbers. Unforgettable really.

Skip It: Because it does come off dated and the gimmick of speaking to the camera gets old fast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Movie Addicts Club. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy