RSS
Movie Addicts Club is a movie review blog that discusses all genres of film. You'll find the latest hipster indie flick, summer blockbusters, silent screen gems and everything in between. We watch and review everything.

Step Brothers




Rating: R

Movie Release Date: July 25, 2008

DVD Release Date: December 2, 2008

Plot 411: The lives to two grown-ass men change when their parents get married and they must live together as step brothers.

Review: I honestly have yet to find a film that stars Will Ferrell to my liking. I'm not sure if it's his style of humor (or possibly mine), but I just don't think he's all that funny. I can now add this movie to the junk pile. The concept is pretty ridiculous so you'd think that there'd be a chance of finding a ton of laughs in it. I mean, they're 40-year-old men still living at home as if they were teenagers! Unfortunately the funny stuff is few and far between. I will admit that there were some funny scenes but not fall-off-your-chair funny. John C. Reilly and Ferrell seem to work well together, but that still didn't pull this one out of the crapper for me. Plus, I prefer him in his dramatic roles such as Gangs of New York or Chicago.

Watch It: If you just love Will Ferrell.

Skip It: If you're watching it as a comedy. Stick Old School back in the dvd player instead.

Trailer:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Movie Addicts Club. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy