RSS
Movie Addicts Club is a movie review blog that discusses all genres of film. You'll find the latest hipster indie flick, summer blockbusters, silent screen gems and everything in between. We watch and review everything.

Avatar 3D




Rating: PG-13

Movie Release Date: December 18, 2009

DVD Release Date: TBD

Plot 411: The military sends in an undercover agent to learn the ways of the natives and convince them to give up their lands.

Review: I watched this movie last night and am still in awe of the cinematography and CGI used in it. This is probably the first film in 3D that was worth the extra cost for the glasses. At the heart of the film and plot, this is really just a recycled idea of cowboys vs. indians. There were so many similarities between this film and the Westerns of old. However, I'd have to say that technology has revitalized the genre. I cannot even describe to you how pretty everything looked. For over two hours, I found that I was caught up in the world of Pandora and the lives of the Na'vi. As a staunch non-sci fi moviegoer, I wouldn't normally watch this type of film. However, I was convinced by a friend and must now eat my words. The movie is pretty amazing. Of course, there are a number of flaws, but all of that is really forgotten once you're pulled into the world of the Na'vi. I can't even tell you who the actors were and I didn't find myself caring all that much. In the throes of love, do you really stop and ask yourself the hows and whys? After a bit of research, the stars include Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Michelle Rodriguez and Giovanni Ribisi.

Watch It: Because it's pretty darn awesome. It's probably my favorite movie of 2009.

Skip It: If you think you might get motion sickness from the 3D effect. If so, catch it without the 3D. I'm sure it's just good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Movie Addicts Club. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy