RSS
Movie Addicts Club is a movie review blog that discusses all genres of film. You'll find the latest hipster indie flick, summer blockbusters, silent screen gems and everything in between. We watch and review everything.

Beverly Hills Chihuahua




Rating: PG

Movie Release Date: September 18, 2008

DVD Release Date: March 3, 2009

Plot 411: An uptown chihuahua finds herself in downtown Mexico City miles from all that is familiar to her.

Review: Oh man, I never thought I'd actually watch this movie . . . ever. But it was in the stack of DVDs I'm borrowing from my brother so I thought I might as well pop it in and get it over with. The only plus about this movie is that at least they cast Hispanic actors for the ethnic parts. It'd be really insulting if they had cast white folks to play the Mexican dogs. Talk about uncool. Anyway, Drew Barrymore plays Chloe, a 90210 dog who is used to only the best that life has to offer. When Chloe's owner Viv (Jamie Lee Curtis) goes on a business trip, she is left in the care of Viv's slacker niece Rachel (Piper Perabo). Rachel and her friends decide to take a little vacation of their own and head down to Tijuana. But when Chloe gets dognapped and ends up in the dog fighting ring, things get a little "ruff." Ok, I couldn't help myself. Anyway, the dogs she meets on her journey are voiced by the likes of Andy Garcia, George Lopez, Edward James Olmos, Placido Domingo, Paul Rodriguez, Cheech Marin and Luiz Guzman. Pretty classy huh? While some people might find this movie adorable, I cannot claim that myself. It contains two of my pet peeves - tiny dogs and dogs wearing clothes. I'm surprised I didn't break out in hives. Also, the CGI in this is HORRIBLE! C'mon Disney! What were you thinking?

Watch It: For the doggie fashion?

Skip It: For the love of God!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Movie Addicts Club. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy