RSS
Movie Addicts Club is a movie review blog that discusses all genres of film. You'll find the latest hipster indie flick, summer blockbusters, silent screen gems and everything in between. We watch and review everything.

Burn After Reading




Rating: R

Movie Release Date: September 12, 2008

DVD Release Date: December 21, 2008

Plot 411: A confidential disk is found by gym workers and is used to blackmail a former CIA analyst - affairs occur, the government is perplexed and National Security may or may not be compromised.

Review: This movie really wasn't what I expected. I thought this was an outright comedy. (I mean, c'mon. Have you seen Brad Pitt in the trailer?) It turned out to be more of a dark comedy or tragic comedy. There were still some pretty funny stuff happening but it was more subtle. I guess you could describe this film as partly being a government/spy movie satire and an ill-fated love story. Besides the few humorous scenes though, I thought this movie was really slow. I haven't seen a lot of Ethan and Joel Coen films, but I imagine their humor must be similar to this one. I watched "No Country for Old Men" and loved it, but I suppose this is a different type of movie. The one person I loved in this movie was John Malkovich's character because you could see him slowly falling apart in every scene. It was brilliant.

Watch It: If you're a Coen fan and to see Brad Pitt's dance moves (though not as good as Tom Cruise's moves in "Tropic Thunder.")

Skip It: If you don't have the patience to wait for this one to develop. It takes a while for things to fall into place.

Trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Movie Addicts Club. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy