RSS
Movie Addicts Club is a movie review blog that discusses all genres of film. You'll find the latest hipster indie flick, summer blockbusters, silent screen gems and everything in between. We watch and review everything.

Transformers: Rise Of The Fallen




Rating: PG-13

Movie Release Date: June 24, 2009

DVD Release Date: TBD

Plot 411: The clash between Autobots and Decepticons reignites when Megatron's body is salvaged from the depths of the sea and he is revived.

Review: Judging by opening weekend ticket sales and lines at the theater, this film is definitely a summer blockbuster. However, personally, I didn't think it was all that great. This could have been due to the up-close view I had at the theater though. There was a lot of 'transforming' going on with the various good and bad guys changing from regular vehicles to their robot selves. After a while though, it just feels overly done. We get it. They're shape-shifters. For me, it was hard to distinguish the good guys from the bad guys in some scenes. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the players. The plot line wasn't anything ground breaking. Neither was the acting. I would've liked to see more of Josh Duhamel and Tyrese Gibson, but the military took a backseat to Sam (now a college freshman) and his gf Mikaela. Shia LaBeouf did a pretty good job with all the stunts and high-intensity action. Megan Fox did as well as she could do, I suppose. They played up her looks and did slow-mo running shots. Apparently that's all you can ask of the girl. John Turturro was pretty funny in some scenes, but overall I don't think this is a must-see flick.

Watch It: If you grew up on the stuff and have been aching for more '80s flashbacks. Hang on to your seat because G.I. Joe is just around the corner.

Skip It: If you only feel lukewarm about this stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sky..
JJ and I really enjoyed T1, so am sure we'll be in for T2.. T1 just caught me by surprise at how good it was..
so will now lower my expectations for T2..
it seems the players are well-cast, esp. the soldiers as you say, but a movie w/o a story is but another example of "all dressed up and nowhere to go".. or should we say "all smashed up and why do i care?"

skycastles said...

I have to say that I liked T1 better than T2. This one was more about the Sam and Mikaela relationship, how he wanted to live a normal life, etc. The military and Transformer bit took a back seat until the Sam and Mikaela thing was resolved. I guess the human aspect was the focus, but I'd rather have the focus on the Transformers. But I think JJ will enjoy it. It's a guy movie after all. My boss couldn't stop raving about it last week. Can't wait for G.I. Joe to come out though. Loved watching that cartoon growing up.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Movie Addicts Club. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy