RSS
Movie Addicts Club is a movie review blog that discusses all genres of film. You'll find the latest hipster indie flick, summer blockbusters, silent screen gems and everything in between. We watch and review everything.

27 Dresses




Rating: PG-13

Movie Release Date: January 18, 2008

DVD Release Date: April 29, 2008

Plot 411: "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride" fully enacted and come to life.

Review: Basically, you're not going to get a neutral review outta me on this one. I totally love James Marsden, so if he's in it I'll watch it . . . usually more than once. Anyway, despite some seriously whacked roles that he's played in the past, I'll always give him a shot. I think in this one, he worked well with Katherine Heigl. Some scenes really showed off their chemistry (especially the one in the bar). However, her character really got on my nerves because of how wimpy she was. I think Malin Akerman did a fab job on playing the bitchy little sister. I walked away from this one hating her guts. This is probably best seen with a group of your closest gal pals.

Watch It: Another fun chick flick, but this one showcases the most hidious bridesmaid dresses you've ever seen. Oh, and of course for James Marsden.

Skip It: If Heigl's Izzy character on Grey's Anatomy is just too much for you. This will make it worse.

Trailer:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely disagree, Personally this movie would have been nothing without Heigl. Her charming presence carried the entire flick. She lit up the entire movie.

skycastles said...

Let me revise my previous statement and say she got on my nerves because of how wimpy she was in the beginning. For the most part, I enjoyed her very Izzy-like characteristics - her upbeat, mother hen quality. I seriously approved of her outburst at the rehearsal dinner because by that time I hated Tess (kudos to Akerman for this).

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Movie Addicts Club. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy