RSS
Movie Addicts Club is a movie review blog that discusses all genres of film. You'll find the latest hipster indie flick, summer blockbusters, silent screen gems and everything in between. We watch and review everything.

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa




Rating: PG

Movie Release Date: November 7, 2008

DVD Release Date: April 6, 2009

Plot 411: The crazy NYC zoo escapees make their way from Madagascar to Africa and discover their natural habitat.

Review: Every once in a while you've just got to watch a kid flick, and this one is a pretty good choice. There were many instances throughout the film when I found myself laughing out loud. Sometimes I'd laugh so loud that I had to actually cover my mouth for fear that my neighbors might think I'd gone crazy. The actors attached to this film are real comedians (Ben Stiller, David Schwimmer, Cedric the Entertainer and Bernie Mac) and bring the characters to life. You really get a sense that they're having a great time. Of course, the relationship between the original four characters is still wonderfully warm and funny. I love that there's even a reference to West Side Story.

Watch It: For a kid film with great laughs for adults.

Skip It: If you haven't seen the first one yet. Definitely watch that one first because the original cast is so great.

Trailer:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sky..
jeez, have i become a period piece myself, or what? all the films i've seen in theaters are animated features.. but have to agree, this worked for me as well.. spent some time trying to identify the Lion character, Alex's Dad as one of the Baldwin Bros., prolly Alec, if i recall.. love, love. love the Penguins.. "smile and wave boys, smile and wave".. works for me in a big way.. now they have there own show on Nick or CN, and love to watch that, too..

'loha, uj

skycastles said...

There are so many good lines in this movie!

Penguin 1: Only two passengers unaccounted for.
Penguin 2: That's a number I can live with!

I might need to watch this one again LOL

skycastles said...

BTW, I think 10+ solid years of animated films is a requirement once you become a parent. My brother's in the same boat as you. His daughter's only three though so he's got a ways to go. I don't think he's seen an adult movie since before she was born.

The other day he tells me, "You know what movie is good?"

I go, "No, what?"

He goes, "Curious George."

And I just think, "WTH?"

He's also recommended "Open Season" and "The Wild" to me. Go figure.

Unknown said...

ack-chally curious george wasn't bad, but wall-e was semi-priceless and transformers was cool, too in a cartoonish way.. looking forward to #2.. i remember the first thoughts upon entering the "kid zone".. Thomas and Friends? he's a train, how many friends could he have? live and learn, Dad, live and learn..

you know, i can remember back in school, studying down at the beach in LA, and seeing parents with kids in all the cool outfits, and the parents mis-matched and dowdy.. now i'm that guy with prints and plaid, and you know, it just doesn't matter..

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Movie Addicts Club. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy